Friday 5 October 2012

French Style Cushion

 

 

 

The vintage linen hearts I showed you in my last post are nearly finished, although there are still a few left to fill and then more to make, but I have been making a cushion this morning for a change.



 

 

Made from natural cotton osnaburg fabric, which is soft and has an interesting flecked appearance, and printed with a French style graphic from The Graphics Fairy, it is backed in a soft black and cream ticking.


 


I have been asked if I would like to have a stall at another Festive Fair, this time closer to home but also only a few weeks away.

I therefore decided against doing the second fair that I mentioned in my last post (a bit too far away and only a week apart from the first fair) and so am just going to focus on preparing some good stock for the other two. This latest Fair is a Luxury Festive Fair with hand-picked stalls (invite only so I feel rather chuffed at being asked!) so there is no overlap of goods and no competition, so I shall have to make sure I can offer a good selection of cushions.

Nearer the time I will give out details as to when and where the Fairs are in case there is anyone who lives locally who might like to go.

In the meantime I have lots of sewing to do!

It's this stage, the designing, planning, sewing and making, that I most enjoy, but when it gets close to the Fair I curse myself for having committed to doing it as I'm quite a shy bod. Once I'm there I'm fine, and I really enjoy it - I just get cold feet and nerves in the week before!



 

Below is the graphic I used from The Graphics Fairy - she has some wonderful images on her blog here, and is constantly adding new ones.

 

Wishing you all a Happy Weekend, and thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment - I really do appreciate and enjoy reading them.


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Love the French cushion Gill but I bet you knew I would. :)
    You have lots to keep you busy in the weeks ahead. Your stalls will be wonderful!
    happy weekend,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill! Sorry I haven't popped across for a while. Your blog is as beautiful as ever and I am sure you will do very well selling your lovely cushions.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the French cushion and pretty hearts, Gill! You have been very busy! I think your work will look lovely when it is all displayed together, and will be very popular :)
    Wishing you a happy weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gill,

    Your pillows look wonderful! They are very different from the ones you normally make. They have more of a French 'brocante' feel too it. I think they will do well in your shop.

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you for getting an invite. I know your stall will do well, you make some gorgeous things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hearts and pillow cushion are adorable. I love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful things Gilly, I'm sure you'll be a success at the fair.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the French style cushion and the ticking. Using Osnaburg was a good idea. It has a great linen look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hearts AND the cushions - I'm sure you will do well at the fairs. Don't worry about it, not everyone can be an extrovert sales person. Just relax, enjoy, have fun & keep smiling. Your beautiful goodies will sell themselves :-)
    Have a great weekend,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Congrats on the fair & good luck! Your merchandise is beautiful, you'll probably sell out!

    How's my buddy Logan doing these days?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gill, goodness me you are going to be busy with all these Fairs. Would your daughter not go with you and help you sell? I hate selling anything I have made, but am quite good at selling other peoples things, which is very silly. You shouldn't get nervous, your cushions are beautiful and current and so well made. I love the french cushion, its wonderful!

    Keep up the good work, with love Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x