Friday 28 November 2014

Quick Post!

Hi everyone, I've been pretty remiss at blogging and blog visiting recently I'm afraid, mainly because I'm working flat out to get enough extra stock for an upcoming Xmas Fair, and partly because I'm finding at the moment Instagram is such a quick way of keeping in touch and sharing.



All will be back to normal post Fair though, so I hope to resume "proper" blogging and catch up with you all then.

In the meantime I only have a few photos to share (hooray you say!) of a few of the things I've been making since I last posted. There is probable more stuff posted on IG though, so please come and find me there - I'm Pinkgillyflower on IG!


I made two cushions from a gorgeous 1950s barkcloth type fabric, which features ornate flower pots and stands - the yellows and reds are really vibrant and the photos don't do the fabric justice.

It was a fabric of my Mums, and she gave it to me a few years ago when I was after some 50's fabric. She bought it for kitchen curtains which she never then got round to making. I shall make her some pot holders or oven gloves for the kitchen from it I think.


The last of the Christmas decorations are finished, and I have put a few for sale in my Etsy shop here.


This last week or so I've been trying to focus on gifts for the stall. I have plenty of cushions naturally, but usually like to take smaller gifts along.

I have made a number of vintage floral fabric lavender hanging sachets as decorative items for hanging around the house from door or cupboard knobs. They are backed in either vintage linen or vintage French ticking - again there are more photos on my IG under Pinkgillyflower.



I've also been making glazed cotton chintz drawstring bags - I find the good old drawstring bag invaluable for keeping bits and bobs in, and essential when going away. I am making various sizes and mostly from lovely chintzes from the 80s and 90s - Warner, Laura Ashley, and a French design by Marignan (the green and white).



But the pretty yellow floral is a modern cotton, although in keeping with my ethos it is second hand!  Back in May at the Decorative Living Fair at Eridge Park, in Kent, I bought a load of this gorgeous Tanya Whelan fabric, yellow cotton with white polka dots and pink rose clusters, from Selina Lake, author and stylist. Selina was there promoting her latest book "Outdoor Living" and was also selling props from photo shoots.


Below is the original vintage pink roses on yellow chintz which inspired me to make these bags. I found it last year and love it, it hangs in my bathroom, and I've had it in mind for a while to make some for my shop from the pretty floral chintzes in my stash. So out they've come and I'm on a roll with them!

Below also is a Laura Ashley chintz bought back in the early 90's to make curtains, and a pretty small scale Warner chintz - these are partly made bags which I must finish off.


Anyway, I'd better get back on and finish off those bags plus make a few more!

If anyone lives in the area, the Christmas Fair I'm going to be at is at Brenchley Memorial Hall, Brenchley, near Tunbridge Wells in Kent, just 5 minutes off the A21.

It is on Sunday 7th December and should be full of lovely vintage and handmade goodies! I haven't done this Fair before but I think it will be worth a visit. It would be lovely to see you!

Have a great weekend!


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous makes, Gill! I especially love the yellow rosebud drawstring bag in the last photo! You do sound very busy, and have made a lot of lovely things already. Good luck with the fair....I would visit it if I was nearer!
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your fingers ache??? Good luck with sales. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much lovely stuff Gill - just wish I lived nearer and I'd definitely pop along. Hope the sale goes really well, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you here Gill! Lovely things as always!
    Home for the holidays for me and away from the internet most probably during December so will catch up with you in the New Year!
    Happy Christmas,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you good luck (and fun) at the fair Gill. You made some beautiful things! Hope they sell well!

    Happy weekend!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure the fair will be a roaring success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, you have been busy. You do make the most beautiful things Gilly. I hope the Christmas fair goes really well for you, I have no doubt your things will be very popular. Have a good weekend, don't work too hard! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness Gill you have been so busy, your makes are so pretty, you're stall is going to be fantastic!
    Isn't IG fun!!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dor me it´s teh same, busy busy for the christmas fair. Ours is on sunday teh 14th . You made lovely things, i think i will also amke some jute trees, they are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see that you have been very busy making all of these lovely things! They are all so pretty, I hope that they sell really well for you, I am sure they will! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little hanging sachets and hearts are adorable. Have fun at your craft fair:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the christmas Fair goes well - everything you've made looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gill! I'm new to your blog! Loving all the little gifts you made for your fair!
    And those stringbags look really useful!
    Hope you had fun at the fair and managed to sell a lot of goodies! :)
    Have a nice week!
    Ingrid xx
    http://myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are lovely, hope the fairs go well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x