Friday 8 June 2012

Jubilee Celebrations

Well what a fabulous Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend of celebrations, grateful thanks, and pageantry  it was here in the UK earlier this week!

60 years of dedication and hard work by Her Majesty, celebrated with plenty of pomp and circumstance with the River Pageant, horse drawn carriage parade and Cathedral Service, as well as the more informal celebrations with the pop concert in front of the Palace and All the Queen's Horses at Windsor Castle compered by Alan Titchmarsh.

Our Queen must be exhausted after it all and in need of a well deserved rest!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All photos courtesy of the BBC (via my TV and camera!)

Hip. Hip.........Hooray - Three cheers for the Queen!

Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Jubilee Weekend!

As well as watching the celebrations on TV we went to a Jubilee garden party along the road with over 90 people there, and in true British tradition it rained most of the time!

But did we care???!!!!

What did YOU do????




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. was a nice and lovely broadcast we can see bbc 1 and bbc 2 in holland I like the concert by buckingham palace and the boat tour on the theems was so nice pitty for the weather but I hope she had a nice jubilee groetjes leon10

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing and her poor husband ended up in the hospital. I was worried about her at her age that's a lot to endure for days on end. I'm only 63 and I get tired out just doing the weekly shopping at the grocery store! LOL! thank you so much for sharing your lovely photos. I'm in the U.S. but I bought a Union Jack quilt pattern and plan on making it to commemorate the event! Long live the Queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x