Thursday 5 April 2012

Shabby Chic cushion



Just thought I'd share with you a cushion I have just finished for my Etsy or Folksy shops.




The centre panel is a pretty vintage pink and white floral cotton, surrounded by dusky pink linen.



The reverse (and all of my cushions are made to be reversible as opposed to just having a backing that you would not normally display, so that you can use the cushions in a more versatile way.) is made from a  vintage pink and white candy striped sheet, and has a vintage pink crochet flower attached.




Am just loving this cheerful candy pink stripe and plan to make more in this fabric!







Have just installed an upgrade to Picasa which has turned out to have some quite significant changes, and first of all filled me with dismay as the new version doesn't have the little "Blog This" button despite having many new features. Once I'd found an alternative way to upload my blog photos via Picasa Web Albums (which I used to use sometimes anyway)I stopped panicking!

And instead had a little fun exploring some of the new features......


The above has a drop shadow effect which in my compose screen looks no different!



This one has a  Polaroid effect applied



This one took sooooo  long to upload I've forgotten what I did - a lesson there I think - having looked it up it was HDR (High Dynamic Range effect) followed by a Vignette effect.

And this last one..........


....was the first one I played with and apart from adding a 1960's effect to it I really can't remember at all!

These gimmicky effects are a bit of fun and I'm sure will have their uses! 
With Picnik going soon, many of the effects that are on there can now be found with Picasa, and is presumably the reason behind the extensive update for which I am grateful! 




NB: The reason this post is title-less is that I appear to have lost the title line and can barely click on "Publish", "preview" and "save" - hhmmmmm. Now why would that be? Oh well........

Ah ha!

Have disabled a toolbar and now it's all back! Hooray!!
Was feeling a bit naked without a post title......


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful cushion and I love the crochet flower! :)
    I'm fraid I'm not very technical when it comes to photos, what you see is basically what I take apart from lightening them sometimes, maybe I should have a play!
    Happy Easter Gill.
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I think I may like the back even better than the front, Gilly! Gorgeous work. I take my hat off to you.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - the candy stripe is just lovely (as is your cushion!) The new interface on Blogger is taking me a bit of time to get used to, so I won't be playing around with Picasa too, though the 1960s effect is very tempting!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gill, they are all beautiful! I especially like the hangers! LOVE padded hangers, I've always thought of them as luxurious!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the update for Picasa too, and if you select "create" on the top bar, then there is a thing at the bottom of the list that reads "Publish to Blogger". I worried when I first upgraded that I wouldn't be able to upload directly from there anymore, but a bit of clicking around showed me the way! I hope this was helpful :)
    Gorgeous cushion, I love the fact that they are reversible, so handy.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink and white stripes. Photos look great - effects can really change the mood of a photo - thanks for sharing these.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cushion! Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new cushion, it's great that it can be used either way too. I never do anything with my photos, as you can probably tell, I'm just not technically minded at all I'm afraid. Hope you have an enjoyable Easter with you family, Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever. I love seeing all your gorgeous cushions - they are just lovely.

    Have a fabulous weekend.
    Leah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely!
    HAPPY EASTER GILL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...cushion and I want to wish you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cushion, Gill! You make such lovely things. Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one super cute cushion!!! Happy Easter to you!!
    Tons of Hugs going your way!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) Thanks so much for the visit! I am now a dedicated follower! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x