Monday 29 June 2015

Summer Notes

A round up of early summer in pictures......


A holiday

 A sunny week in north Pembrokeshire in lovely converted coach house with two foot stone walls and poppy red shutters.

 St. Davids Cathedral in the smallest city in the UK....the cathedral and old Palace are sited below the town so your first glimpse is looking down at them,  and to visit you go down lots of steps

 days of walking, visiting beaches, small towns and generally exploring and having a relaxing time

The charity shops in Pembrokeshire were very reasonably priced, and I bought a load of this beautiful green china, actually two different makes and designs but they match perfectly.

A trip to a Fair


Back in May I had a trip with a friend to the Decorative Living Fair at Eridge and came home with some lovely stuff!

 some gorgeous vintage French provencal fabric that had covered a screen

 a beautiful antique Belgian mangle cloth

and some beautiful vintage wooden spools and some recycled sari yarn....cant wait to have a go with this using the wooden crochet hooks I bought too!


Cross stitch and embroidery

I stitched some little cross stitched lavender filled key rings 

embroidered some simple heart hangers using vintage pre-printed embroidery linen

and made a cross stitch bookmark 

In the shop

 I made lots of mini bunting made from fabric scraps that I save

and some full sized bunting from vintage fabric sheets


added lots more vintage embroidered linens


 and made a cushion made from a t-shirt...hope to make lots more of these

I now have a little area with childrens aprons, bags and cushions

In the Garden

 the summer jasmine is prolific this year and so strongly scented... its lovely to step out of the back door and smell its fragrance

 the front garden is colourful with yellow loosestrife, campanula glomerata, cistus and erigerons, lavender and geraniums....these photos were taken a few weeks ago before the loosestife was fully out.


some pretty flowering annuals waiting to go in pots and hanging baskets

Crochet


I finally made up some cushions from crochet squares I made a few years ago!




I don't know where the last two months have gone!

Wishing you all happy, sunny and creative days!!


12 comments:

  1. You really have been busy, so many wonderful projects. I have had to scroll back up to take another look, a real feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful and I love your charity shop china - fabulous!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! I love the new china as well, it's lovely, and the cake looks pretty good too. Glad you had a good holiday, it's a lovely part of the world. Enjoy the rest of the week. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a very productive time. I love the china and your new crocheted cushions. Everything in this post is very pretty. I'm glad you had a good holiday, hope it was relaxing and restful. Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to catch up with your news. The cushions are all beautiful and I love that bookmark!!! So glad you are having a good time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gilly,
    You have been busy sewing and doing needlework with beautiful results.
    Happy to hear you had a relaxing holiday and what a wonderful find in those cups
    Continued joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your bunny cushion Gill and that beautiful French fabric! :)
    Nice to catch up with you again although with IG I feel I've been with you all along! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric finds are lovely! I really like the bunting. Busy busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks lovely Gill and so does your needlework. What a great find those teacups are. I hope I will find such treasures when I visit the UK.

    Happy weekend ahead!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been having a busy time, Gill. Lots of gorgeous makes, and beautiful flowers....your garden looks so pretty. Love the crochet cushions! I am glad you had a lovely holiday...St David's is so historic and interesting, and I love the scenery around there.
    Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of pretty things going on there. Good to catch up again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful holiday Gill, it looks like you had the weather for it. I adore your crochet cushions, they're so bright and fun! The mini bunting is cute too, I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer months :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x