Wednesday 16 February 2011

Logan, Linen and Lace


Thank you all for your lovely comments!
It is so lovely that you are enjoying my posts and photos - makes struggling with that wretched "photo - collage" or patchworky thing worth it, although I STILL can't do it, boo hoo!!!!
But when I can, there will be less of the large photos and more of those wonderful collages that I so admire on other peoples blogs - I WILL get there!
In the meantime, I'm afraid its more of the biggies!
Logan says "thank you" too, to those very kind bloggers who wanted to pass on cuddles and tickles - he is loving it all!
In fact, he is so mellowed out from all the extra attention he even tried to chill out with Bessie on the bed yesterday.

Needless to say, it didnt stay like that for long - Bessie lost her nerve when he started messing around and soon shot off!
She has been very patient with him as he never loses an opportunity to chase her, now that he races around like a demented devil after he's had a nap, but she doesnt seem to mind!
If it gets too tiresome for her, she either jumps up high or hisses at him, but he always backs off when you call him.

Now for some reason the photos are at the side of the text - don't ask me why, I'm still a novice at this as you can see! But just a few of the beauties I have been unpacking and sorting over the last day or two. I didn't realise I had quite so much linen - there are tablecloths, traycloths, napkins, placemats, aprons, nightdress cases, tea cosies,sheets, and a huge huge number of beautiful fine crochet doilies of all shapes, colours and sizes.



Most of it is in very good condition, too good to cut up, so if I can bear to part with some, I shall sell them on as they are, or transform them into a new item without cutting.
Others have small amounts of staining or darning, and those I can feel less guilty about as I turn them into cushions, bags or whatever.

So, that should keep me quiet for a while ; )

The sun is out here today, yay!!!!!
Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling over your vintage linens...gorgeous! Lovely to see Logan and Bessie together.They'll be best friends before long I'm sure.
    Enjoy the sunshine! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to leave a comment - I love to read them!
Gill x